If you own a small business, you know how hard it can be to stand out from the crowd. An excellent way to boost your business is through SEO tactics that will help increase online visibility in search engines.
That said, SEO is not cheap. According to the Search Engine Journal, SEO can cost upwards of $500 a month. Since SEO is an asset, you should consider taking on small business loans if you do not have sufficient funds. This article discusses ways of improving your SEO presence using proven tactics.
What is SEO?
SEO is the process of improving a business’s visibility in search engines, like using long-tail keywords and having a mobile-friendly website, ensuring your site ranks higher on search engines.
Search engines like Google use bots to crawl the internet and index new sites. The bots will then use a system of algorithms to rank your site based on various factors such as page titles and keywords in the content.
Benefits of Implementing SEO in Your Small Business
If you’re not into utilizing SEO for your small business, the following benefits may change your mind:
- According to BrightEdge, organic search accounts for 53% of all web traffic. Appearing amongst the top results on a search engine page increases your business’s visibility and click-through rate.
- As a small business, ranking high is critical for growth and success. Claiming the top spots on a search engine’s first page helps build credibility and trustworthiness with clients, an invaluable asset for your business.
- SEO encourages you to improve the user experience. Look at your small business from your customer’s perspective and see if they find the information needed. Having an all-around great user experience encourages visitors to stay and browse your site longer.
- By employing the right SEO tactics can enhance brand awareness. Even if users don’t click on your website, they’ll still see it highly ranked. The more touchpoints you have, the more users associate your brand with the solutions they seek, and the more it places you ahead of the competition.
Great SEO Tactics to Apply in Your Small Business
Churning out content laced with keywords is not the answer to your ranking. Using these tips should help turbo-charge your SEO marketing campaign:
1. Pay attention to technical SEO
Even as you create content and solutions for visitors, a high ranking also involves impressing the crawlers. Remember the bots discussed earlier? They need to read your site with ease.
From a technical standpoint, this means that your links are working correctly, the site is secure, and pages load fast. You could have fantastic writing skills and valuable content, but your site will struggle to rank if it doesn’t impress the bots.
2. Improve your local SEO
According to HubSpot, 72% of people who searched for a local business visited one within 5 miles of their search. 88% of online local business inquiries resulted in contacting or calling those businesses within 24 hours.
What’s more, 46% of all Google searches are for local businesses. In addition, 78% of all location-centric mobile searches resulted in an offline purchase.
Set up a Google Business Profile that will help your page rank higher when users within your locality search for services or products you offer. That’s because 92% of all searchers pick businesses appearing on the first page of their local search.
3. Hire an SEO expert
Suppose you do not consider yourself tech-savvy, and the whole notion of SEO seems intimidating. In that case, consider hiring an SEO expert who will handle the technical SEO while you focus on growing other aspects of the business. It doesn’t matter if you have the funds to hire an expert, as small business loans can come in handy.
4. Link building
Include several internal (links to existing content on your site) and external (links to a different website) to help show bots that it is a high-quality site. Finding a high-authority website to link back to content on your site can help improve the site’s ranking.
Improving SEO is one of the best things to do for your business. Even if you know nothing about SEO, use small business loans to hire an SEO expert to improve your ranking on search engines. Click on the link in the introduction to find the right loan to fund the SEO tactics you will employ.