A10 Networks Files for IPO
We take a look at A10 Networks’ IPO in March of last year.
A10 Networks has pioneered a new generation of application networking technologies. Its solutions enable enterprises, service providers, web giants and government organizations to accelerate, secure and optimize the performance of their data centre applications and networks. The company’s Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS®) platform is designed to deliver substantially greater performance and security relative to prior generation application networking products. Its software-based ACOS architecture provides the flexibility that enables it to expand its business with additional products to solve a growing array of networking and security challenges across cloud computing and mobility. A10 Networks has a portfolio of application-layer networking products that assure user-to-application connectivity is available, accelerated and secure.
• Application Availability – ensuring that application servers and networks are reliably accessible regardless of user, device type, location or connectivity; shielding network resources from volumetric resource attacks intended to deny service; and bridging the accessibility gap so that legacy services using IPv4 address space can be accessible to devices using the new IPv6 standard, and vice versa.
• Application Acceleration – improving website and application performance with extremely high-performance application-aware load balancing, including server offload functions like content caching, connection multiplexing, compression, and SSL (encryption) offload, delivered at massive scale up to 1 Tbps with our aVCS™ virtual chassis system.
• Application Security – delivering a range of security features that decrypt, authenticate and inspect application flows, and then detect and mitigate the growing array of sophisticated cyber security attacks that threaten availability of the largest websites and networks around the world.
At the centre of the A10 product offering is its Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS®), which serves as the high-performance, application-aware networking platform for all of its Application Services Gateway (ASG) products. Initial success and growth was built upon the AX Series product line that accelerates and secures data centre applications. In 2013, the company launched the premium performance A10 Thunder™ Series product family, which further leverages the ACOS platform with three new product lines to address a range of customer needs:
• Thunder Series ADC: An Application Delivery Controller product line that accelerates and secures data centre applications and networks
• Thunder Series CGN: A Carrier Grade NAT product line that provides large-scale address and protocol translation services for carrier networks
• Thunder Series TPS: A Threat Protection System product line that provides detection and mitigation against Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) cyber attacks.
In March 2014, A10 Networks filed with US regulators to raise US$187m in an initial public offering of common stock.
Morgan Stanley & Co LLC, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Inc and JP Morgan Securities LLC were lead underwriters to the IPO, A10 Networks said in a filing with US Securities and Exchange Commission.