Hedge Fund Awards 2016

Hedge Fund Awards 2016 67 ~ Best Long Biased Emerging Manager Greenhaven Road Capital is a long-biased, concentrated hedge fund. They invest only in their very best ideas – typically 15 long positions and a handful of opportunistic short positions. At a time when the S&P 500 is invested in fewer than 10% of listed companies, opportunity is ripe for a fund to examine the other 90%. In a world of high frequency trading and passive strategies, they believe there is a place for patient capital focused on old fashioned stock picking. Greenhaven Road Capital doesn’t want to own the same ideas and get the same returns as everyone else in the market. “We carefully cultivate the unusual to create a lasting, uncommon portfolio” explains Scott Miller of Greenhaven Road Capital. He adds that company is “not constrained by size and as a result can invest in smaller companies” which are more likely to have these three characteristics: • Limited Analyst Coverage; • High Insider Ownership; • Higher Growth Potential. “Historically these companies have outperformed the broader market, particularly when selected with a value focus” Miller underlines. Looking to the future for Greenhaven Road, he says the company “is and will be a boutique asset manager with an investment committee of our aspirations are to remain small, not to manage billions”. He adds that, “our satisfaction is gained by the amount of outperformance, not the size of the paycheck. Any growth that occurs will be measured with a returns first philosophy. This is not a 2/20 hedge fund where a team is feasting off of management fees. The portfolio manager and his family are the largest investors in the fund. The fees are modelled after the early Buffett partnerships. Greenhaven Road makes money with limited partners, not off of them. “ “Our limited partners are typically high net worth individuals and family offices that appreciate independent thinking and a portfolio with very little overlap to their existing holdings” Miller concludes. To learn more about the fund and read investor letters please visit www.greenhavenroad.com Company: MVM Funds Name: Greenhaven Road Capital Email: scott@greenhavenroad.com Web Address: www.greenhavenroad.com Address: 8 Sound Shore Road, Suite 190 - Greenwich CT, 06830 Greenhaven Road Capital Fund 1

http://www.acquisition-intl.com/hedge-fund-awards http://www.gen2ks.com/ http://www.acquisition-intl.com/hedge-fund-awards http://www.greenhavenroad.com/ http://www.greenhavenroad.com/ http://www.acquisition-intl.com/hedge-fund-awards http://www.hyperioncp.com/